Sunday, September 19, 2010

The purpose of this blog . . .

With law school finished, the bar passed, and no job in sight due to the worst economy in decades, I've decided to start a blog of stories and comments (mainly legal humor but also non legal).  The first story comes from watching Law and Order: SVU.  I know that the legal maneuvering isn't based in reality, but come on give me a break.  A girl was charged with the murder of her friend.  She decides to take the stand.  One problem, she is wearing the dead girl's ring, a ring the police new the victim wore but never recovered.  That is a really stupid defense attorney that let that happen and I would guarantee that the case (if it had been real) would have been reversed.

14 comments:

  1. that is an awesome idea for a blog. keep it up, cant wait to see this blog progess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this blog as I've been interested in studying Law as much as I have been in Criminology, Sociology, and Psychology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... what do you expect, TV shows just got so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin forward to it, already supportin you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to looking to seeing your future posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea. I'll stick around to see where it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might not get the legal humor but..

    I can try :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Solid idea. I'll keep an eye on this blog. Please do the same for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great show. I remember that episode. Can't wait to read some of your legal insight.

    ReplyDelete